One flash fiction story under 500 words a week for 13 weeks – this is your challenge.
Wow, here we are on Week 13. It’s amazing streaking with all of you. Each week I’m excited to read your stories and see what you’ve all come up. I must say that I’m impressed with the diversity, creativity and general awesomeness of your writing. It makes me proud and happy to be part of this community. It also makes me sad that the streak is coming to an end . . . for now. Stay tuned.
Enough of that drivel. The Stanley’s Cup is finally here! It’s been a great 12 weeks and now we get to put our writing muscles to the test!
Here’s how the week (Aug 28 – Sept 3) is going to work:
- Prompt and mystery basket items will be posted on Thain in Vain and sent to you in the weekly newsletter on Monday morning.
- Mystery basket items must appear in your story.
- Linkup will open on Saturday, Sept. 2 at 8 a.m. (Central Standard Time zone) and close at midnight. Only stories submitted during this period will be eligible for voting.
- Voting will start Sunday, Sept 3 at 8 a.m. and close at midnight.
- Winners will be announced Monday morning (Sept 4)!
- Each Streaker will vote for their top two favourites.
- The two stories with the highest votes each take home bragging rights and a badge to proudly display on their blog.
Prompt and Mystery Basket– Week 13
Prompt: Never underestimate the lives of old men sitting on benches.
Mystery Basket: a person named Ralph, animal crackers and driving on Route 66.
All three mystery basket items must appear in your story! This is what you are vying for:
Have fun! And good luck!
The linkup below will open on Saturday at 8 a.m. and close at 11:55 p.m. Voting start on Sunday at 8 a.m. and close at 11:55 p.m. Be sure to read and vote for your top two favourites! I’ll announce the winners Monday.
Check out the week 12 submissions.
Each Monday morning, check your inbox for an email from me with the weekly prompt and other little tidbits! If you didn’t receive the email, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add you to the subscriber list.